- This event has passed.
Indigenous Cultural Safety Webinar Series Webinar Session #2
December 8, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
The Joint Collaborative Committees invite you to join a virtual five-part series that will aim to provide physicians with a deeper understanding of Indigenous Cultural Safety and Trauma Informed Practice in healthcare. Please note that registration for each separate webinar is required for this province-wide event and although the sessions are connected, physicians do not need to attend all five.
Each webinar will be based on the four elements (circle/wheel process): balance, emotions, physicality/relationality, and intellect and will be hosted by Indigenous Culture Safety facilitator, Harley Eagle.
Session #2: Hearing our history and stories – December 8th, 2022
- What is Indigenous Cultural Safety and why is it focused on Indigenous Peoples in BC?
Presentation by N’alag̱a / Ḵ’áw kuuna (Avis O’Brien), a Haida/Kwakwa̱ka̱’wakw artist and Land Based Cultural Empowerment Facilitator.
Registration is required and although the sessions are connected, physicians do not need to attend all five.All webinars are scheduled from 5 to 6:30 pm. For more information on all Webinars: https://www.collaborateonhealthbc.ca/jcc-webinar-sessions/
- Session 1: Setting the tone and building trust – November 10th, 2022
- Session 2: Hearing our history and stories – December 8th, 2022
- Session 3: Digging for the root and connecting dots – January 12th, 2023
- Session 4: Finding a way forward together – February 9th, 2023
- Session 5: Tying it all together and continued support – March 9th, 2023