- This event has passed.
Financial Wellness Masterclass #2 – Mid-Career
November 14, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm
This BHMSA financial masterclass series is designed to help you take control of your finances by learning essential and advanced money management strategies based on your career stage.
This year there will be 4 workshops focused on the 4 career stages:
- New to Practice: 0-6 years in practice – September 19, 2022
- Mid-Career: 6-11 years in practice – November 14, 2022
- Late-Career: 11-20 year in practice – TBD
- 20+ Years in Practice: Retirement, Tax & Estate – TBD
Workshop #2 – How much is enough?: Investing personally and through your professional corporation
With ongoing headwinds such as inflation and rising interest rates affecting the financial security of doctors, this workshop will provide you with the tools to ensure that your financial plan can weather the storms of uncertainty.
Participants will learn:
- How much do they need to save to achieve a work-optional lifestyle or become retirement ready
- How to make “cents” of current financial markets
- Do’s and don’ts of DIY investing
- The pros and cons of investing personally and through a professional corporation
- How to minimize the impact of taxes on both the growth and personal use of your investments.
Date: Monday, November 14, 2022
Please register to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcudO6hrDMoEtBiG3YSZQgCGsTatn9MVj8Y
About the Presenters: Alphil Guilaran and Bobby Ning:
Alphil Guilaran and Bobby Ning are the founders of Financial Literacy Counsel and the winners of the 2020 IFSE Institute Financial Literacy Champion of the year award.
Founded in 1999, Financial Literacy Counsel is a boutique financial education and financial planning company committed to “moving Canadians financially forward”.
They began teaching doctors in 2003 through UBC Medicine and were contracted in 2011 by Vancouver Coastal Health to provide financial education and coaching to healthcare professionals. FLCs programs are also delivered through BC Doctors of Optometry, Resident Doctors of BC, UBC CPD, Vancouver Division of Family Practice, Chartered Professional Accountants of BC (CPA-BC) and Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (CLE-BC).